Your responsibilities (approx. 80% VEU; 20% Operational Support)
- Manage and guide the VEU team (6 persons).
- Strategically develop the VEU to contribute to learning and accountability in the MSF movement in the most effective and relevant way.
- Position the VEU as a centre of competence within the MSF movement and promote utilisation and follow up of evaluations/reviews and their results as inherent part of MSF operations.
- Oversee the management of evaluations and ensure highest level of quality of methodologies and processes of all evaluations and reviews.
- Build strong and trusting relationships in the field of evaluation with counterparts in operational centres and other MSF institutional members and ensure close cooperation and synergies with other entities as adequate.
- Network and collaborate with key stakeholders and resource persons inside and outside MSF in the field of evaluation, learning and accountability.
- Develop strategic partnerships in the overall field of operational support and develop MSF-AT strategic positioning in terms of operational support in the overall MSF-movement, ensuring relevance, comparative advantage and efficiency.
- Active member of MSF-AT’s management team.
- Extensive experience in the international humanitarian sector; experience with MSF is an advantage
- A strong commitment to the humanitarian principles, ideas, values, and goals of MSF
- Senior leadership and managerial experience in complex settings
- Extensive expertise and experience in managing and conducting evaluations
- Expertise in the medical field is an advantage
- Excellent communication, representation, and networking skills
- Excellent level of English required; excellent level of French is preferred
- Working erratic hours and frequent travelling may be necessary
- Opportunity to strategically develop evaluations and reviews as an integral part of MSF´s program support as well as strategically position MSF-Austria’s operational support offer
- A challenging strategic leadership position located in Vienna´s city centre
- Full-time and indefinite contract starting May 1st, 2020
- Management of a motivated and internationally well positioned team
- Management of international, cross- and intersectional evaluation activities
- Annual minimum gross salary of € 55,300.- with the possibility of higher payment depending on skills and experiences up to an annual maximum of € 64,700.- & annual ticket for public transport in Vienna
- Accommodation for the first 2 weeks if needed (for candidates living abroad)
- MSF-Austria also grants a monthly child allowance for children under the employee’s custody if the child is entitled to family allowance