MSF Austria is looking for a Publication Officer - interim f/m for the Vienna Evaluation Unit (VEU)
Starting September 1st, 2019 - November 2020 | 32 hours/week | based in Vienna
The Vienna Evaluation Unit (http://evaluation.msf.at/) today is one of few entities in the MSF movement dedicated to evaluation. It manages and conducts different types of reviews, learning exercises and evaluations on all levels (project, transversal, etc). In addition, the unit provides support on any type of qualitative research, also for socio-cultural studies. Besides direct evaluation work, we aim to develop methodological know how and evaluation capacities through training and exchange of experience, and we promote a network of evaluators in the MSF movement. Created as part of the Operational Centre Geneva the unit today offers its services to all the MSF movement and is part of an inter-sectional evaluation network.
The Publication Officer is responsible for communication, dissemination and publication of evaluation and anthropology results and is coordinating the dissemination process in consultation with the Evaluation Managers.
- Editing and layouting evaluation and anthropological reports and studies according to the standards of the Evaluation Unit including proofreading (orthography, grammar, punctuation)
- Creating dissemination materials, including abstracts, (executive) summaries, posters and other various written materials; on demand also, footage and audio materials (in collaboration with experts)
- Disseminating evaluation and anthropological findings broadly in accordance with the commissioner and depending on the sensitivity of the respective topic
- Maintaining all relevant communication channels, both internal and external, of the Vienna Evaluation Unit
- Publishing regular updates via newsletter
- Supporting trainings and the workshop of the Vienna Evaluation
- Coordinating volunteers who support the Evaluation Unit
- At least 3 years professional experience as an Editor
- An academic degree in a relevant field such as communication, journalism, humanitarian aid
- Outstanding writing, editorial and proofreading skills
- Excellent level in English, both written and oral; a good level of French is an asset
- Excellent computer skills particularly MS Office 365 and SharePoint
- Working knowledge in graphic programs (InDesign and Edraw)
- Experience in structured research using internet resources is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively in a dynamic but complex organization
- Proven ability to manage projects independently
- Experience or strong interest in humanitarian work and evaluation
- An interesting position in the international MSF environment, based close to Vienna’s city center
- Collaboration in a motivated and internationally well positioned team
- Annual minimum gross salary of 31.100,- EUR for 32 hours/week with the possibility of higher payment depending on skills and experiences up to an annual maximum of 36.800,- EUR
- Annual ticket for public transport in Vienna
- Limited employment contract of 32 hours with flexible working hours
- Starting ideally beginning of September 2019 until end of November 2020
Please send your application including motivation letter, CV and text sample or other written material until June 27th, 2019 via email to [email protected].
Any questions related to this post are welcome at the same email. Applications will be handled confidentially.