Sie befinden sich hier:
Working with Médecins Sans Frontières
When large-scale epidemics occur, when areas in crisis are too dangerous for many others, then the medical teams from MSF are there to ensure that the affected population can count on continual care being provided for their most basic health-care needs.
They organize basic medical care, treat the injured, carry out vaccination campaigns, train local medical staff and build up medical infrastructure. In long-term aid projects they dedicate themselves to the fight against diseases like tuberculosis, malaria, sleeping sickness, and HIV/AIDS.
The on-location work of our expats is often very exhausting, but also fascinating, demanding appropriate professional knowledge, and a large amount of motivation and commitment.
Our brochure "Working Abroad" gives an overview how it is like, working with MSF.
Please note: The Austrian office of MSF recruits volunteers from the following countries only: Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, the Kosovo, Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Slovakia or Slovenia. Applicants from all other countries are kindly requested to contact the international MSF Website.
Events by MSF Austria
- Employment contract with a gross salar of currently 922,50 € / month for the first 12 months on mission.
- Payment of vaccination and visa costs during preparation for the mission
- Payment of costs for travel, living expenses, accommodation and meals during employment
- Insurance package (health, disability, travel, luggage, accident, and return to home country insurance)
- Preparation course, such as further training courses for volunteers after the first mission