With their expertise, our HR managers ensure that the HR policies of MSF are optimally implemented in the project countries. Their duties include, among other things, developing and implementing HR strategies and training HR staff.
To ensure the efficient implementation of our administrative responsibilities at project locations, we primarily recruit individuals who can cover both finance and human resources and must have a good command of English and French.
The responsibilities of this exciting and multi-faceted position to support the medical activities of MSF includes the implementation of all HR-related tasks: careful adherence to internal HR management guidelines, recruitment and hiring of local staff, providing support and guidance to international field staff, planning of human resources in coordination with all project departments, and ensuring compliance with applicable laws in the mission country.
You may be assigned to a project directly or work as part of a coordination team. In the latter case, you will live and work in the capital of a mission country and – if security conditions permit – visit projects in other parts of the country and support them in implementing internal processes.
Your duties will include:
- Application of national labour laws
- Recruitment and development of local staff; ability to train others
- Contract management
- Payroll accounting and social security contributions
- Point of contact for local authorities
- Management of leases and sales contracts
- Management of insurance and travel, residence and work permits
- A degree in human resource management or administration
- A minimum of 2 years post-graduation work experience in a relevant field
- Versatile professional experience (including labour law, benchmarking, payroll accounting, recruitment, team development)
- IT skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Good level of English and French is indispensable (minimum level B2) – other language skills (Arabic, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian) are an asset
- Negotiating and diplomatic skills
- Availability of at least 6 to 12 months
- Ability to adapt HR policies to different working environments, legal contexts and the national labour laws of a project country