Internship in Digital Content Management & GIS/Remote Sensing (Compulsory/Pflichtpraktikum)
Focusing on Digital Content Management for Intranet
In Vienna | starting as soon as possible | minimum 250 hours
This internship is part of our GIS (Geographic Information Systems) team, which provides GIS & remote sensing support to operations and projects for the entire MSF movement. As an intern, you will support the GIS team with digital content management on our internal website with the objective of making the entire movement more aware of what the current technology can offer. In particular, you will discuss important GIS & remote sensing related topics, ranging from water body extractions to AI (Artificial Intelligence) to SAR (Synthetic Aperture Radar), with MSF colleagues and partners. You will review and create internal content summarizing these complex topics into user-friendly website experience. With your support, you will make an important contribution to the overall success of MSF Austria.
This is what we OFFER you:
- A meaningful way to support our humanitarian mission
- Insight into the international project work of Doctors Without Borders
- Exciting practical experience with a GIS and remote sensing team in an international NGO
- Exposure to humanitarian operational GIS & remote sensing offerings and current R&D use cases
- Flexible time management in a trusting working environment in a collegial team
- Possibility to work in a modern office in the heart of Vienna (2nd district) with the option to occasionally work from home
- Flexible adaptation of the conditions based on your internship requirements
- A voluntary internship allowance of EUR 515 per month (based on minimum 30 hours/week)
What you bring with you:
- You are currently studying at a university with a focus on GIS, Remote Sensing, Earth Observation and you are passionate about (internal) communication and digital content management or vice versa
- You have a requirement for a mandatory internship (minimum 250 hours)
- You are comfortable in the digital world. You have experience with MS Office 365. Experience with SharePoint (or similar tools) is an asset.
- You are familiar with basic GIS, remote sensing and/or data science tools and concepts (e.g. ArcGIS, electromagnetic spectrum, QGIS, generative AI, Python, feature extraction)
- You have some experience in content editing and design
- You have very good English skills (written and oral); German and/or French is an asset
- You have a high degree of personal responsibility and are ready to work independently
- You are a motivated team player
- You are reliable, committed and creative
- You identify with the goals and principles of Médecins Sans Frontières
What to expect:
- You search internally for relevant content for our internal website “intranet” (SharePoint)
- You summarize, visualize, structure, and prepare the content to ensure a user-friendly and modern user experience
- You ensure the accuracy and relevancy of GIS data and information on the intranet
- You fill the intranet with relevant content, based on an existing concept (creative adaptations welcome!)
- You generate showcase content based on your skillset (e.g. webmaps, webapps, StoryMaps, etc.)
- You are in regular exchange with the GIS team in Vienna to ensure a high quality product
- You have the opportunity to take part in team meetings and workshops
Would you like to overcome obstacles together with us and show boundless commitment?
Then we look forward to receiving your CV, cover letter and/or a work sample (to show your skills in content management and understanding of relevant concepts) via our application tool.
If this internship does not meet your interest, please check our website for future internships in GIS.
We are an equal opportunity employer. As an international organization, we support diversity, openness and mutual respect. Incoming applications are solely evaluated regarding their professional qualifications. Applications are considered regardless of ethnic and social origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, and all other diversity characteristics, in line with our principles.
Online bis: 06.03.2024 - 23:59