In unserem Büro in Wien bieten wir ein breites Spektrum an interessanten und herausfordernden Stellen. Wenn Sie sich für eine Mitarbeit interessieren, informieren Sie sich bitte über unsere aktuellen Stellenangebote.
The Vienna Evaluation Unit of MSF Austria is looking for an Evaluation Manager (f/m/d) fulltime, indefinite contract, based in Vienna
The Vienna Evaluation Unit (http://evaluation.msf.at/) today is one of few entities in the MSF movement dedicated to evaluation. It manages and conducts different types of reviews, learning exercises and evaluations on all levels (project, transversal, etc). In addition, the unit provides support on any type of qualitative research, also for socio-cultural studies. Besides direct evaluation work, we aim to develop methodological know how and evaluation capacities through training and exchange of experience, and we promote a network of evaluators in the MSF movement. Created as part of the Operational Centre Geneva (OCG) the unit today offers its services to all the MSF movement and is part of an inter-sectional evaluation network. The aim of this position is to ensure professional management of any evaluation process commissioned by OCG, with the overall goal to improve quality and accountability in MSF. The Evaluation Manager is reporting directly to the Director of the Vienna Evaluation Unit and supervises other evaluation staff members (evaluators on short-term contract).
- Assure the quality of evaluations and review exercises
- Assure the utility of evaluations through proper planning, dissemination of results and follow up on use
- Network and collaborate with key stakeholders and resource people in OCG and wider MSF
- Contribute to the development of the evaluation culture within OCG and wider MSF (by contributing in training courses, disseminating information and in general pursuing chances for visibility on the evaluation practice)
- Manage and conduct reviews and evaluations, either being directly involved in the evaluation (research) or as support and advisor to the evaluation team.
Responsibilities in detail:
- Prepare and plan the evaluation process (including communication with line managers, elaboration of ToRs, advice on methodology, choice and contracting of evaluators, budget etc.)
- Review draft reports and facilitate the restitution and feedback phase, ensuring a proper and timely editorial process (content edit only)
- Present and communicate evaluation outcomes
- Ensure proper filing of and recording on all evaluation dossiers o Help shaping the processes and procedures of the Evaluation Unit o Provide continuously advancement for shaping and improving templates (e.g. ToR, quality checklists, data collection tools, sample questionnaires etc.) for evaluation work o Contribute to events organized by the Vienna Evaluation Unit, like the evaluation workshop and evaluation day o Contribute to the development of learning activities (e.g. online courses) and to the setting up of a community of practice for the evaluators o Identify and network with relevant actors on specific topics and areas that can contribute to boosting up MSF’s vision and practice regarding strategic priority issues in evaluations
- Minimum of 1-year operational experience either in MSF or in another humanitarian organization
- Proficiency in evaluation methodology and tools and/or experience in evaluation, research, assessment or other related activities
- Relevant academic degree
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Excellent understanding of humanitarian principles and values and commitment to humanitarian work
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Excellent level of English (written and spoken) and advanced level of French (minimum C1 according to CEFR)
- Experience or capacity for working with qualitative and quantitative data
- Dedication to team work
- Strong computer literacy skills (Microsoft Office 365)
- Flexibility in terms of irregular working hours and available for regular travels (approximately 20% travel time in Europe and/or to the field)
- A diversified and unique position in the international MSF environment, part of a highly motivated and internationally well positioned team
- A workplace close to Vienna’s city center
- Annual minimum gross salary of € 45.400, with the possibility of higher payment depending on skills and experiences up to a maximum of € 54.500,-
- Annual ticket for public transport in Vienna
- Indefinite fulltime contract and flexible working time
- Starting date: as soon as possible
Interested? Please send your application (including motivation letter & CV) until September 26th, 2019 via email to [email protected]. Any questions related to this post are welcome at the same email. Applications will be handled confidentially. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.